As your business expands and grows, it becomes critical to find warehouse storage solutions that house your inventory safely and effectively. Choosing the right shelving and racking system for your warehouse can seem like a daunting task, but with the right guidance, you can optimise space and ensure the safe storage of your products.
What are the benefits of shelving and racking products? And which one is best? Check out our top tips below!
What are the benefits of choosing the proper storage solutions?
- Improved organisation and accessibility – Shelving and racking systems are vital to ensuring your products are well-organised, reducing the time it takes to find and retrieve specific products. By implementing shelving and racking systems that are easily accessible, your warehouse staff can work more efficiently, which in turn improves productivity.
- Increased safety –Safety is a crucial aspect of every warehouse operation. With well-organised storage solutions that eliminate clutter, the risk of accidents and injuries can be significantly reduced. Implementing sturdy racking systems and shelving units that are up to code and meet health and safety regulations can go a long way towards keeping your employees safe.
- Cost optimisation – The proper shelving or racking solution can help you save on costs in the long run. Proper storage solutions can significantly reduce the risk of damaged or misplaced products and the time spent searching for them. There is no question that efficiency eliminates unnecessary costs.
What are our PRS shelving solutions?
PRS offers a range of industrial shelving solutions designed to address the diverse requirements of all types of warehouses, including:
- Industrial Shelving Our industrial shelving is perfect for storing packaged goods, tools and automotive components. They come with adjustable shelf levels, providing the versatility to accommodate varying product sizes and shapes.
- Longspan Shelving For businesses looking for a versatile storage solution capable of handling larger and heavier products, our long-span shelving provides the answer. Made from the highest-quality materials, it’s built to withstand high loads, ensuring your products remain safe and secure.
- Wire Mesh Shelving When it comes to storing products that require high visibility and better ventilation, wire mesh shelving provides the ideal solution. Our wire mesh shelving is perfect for storing components and products that require more airflow.
What are our top-racking solutions at PRS?
The racking solutions provided by PRS are designed to optimise your storage space, ensuring that you take full advantage of the space available in your warehouse, including:
- Pallet Racking Our pallet racking provides a cost-effective solution for maximising warehouse storage capacity while keeping your goods easily accessible. The racking system is compatible with various forklifts and ideal for standard-sized pallets.
- Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking When storing products that require a lot of vertical space, narrow-aisle pallet racking is the best choice. This racking system offers a smaller aisle that provides excellent space utilisation and can be operated using specialist forklifts.
- Cantilever Racking Systems For businesses that store significant and unusual-sized components, cantilever racking systems provide the ideal solution. Our cantilever racking systems are designed to make the most of vertical space.
How to choose the proper shelving and racking system for your business
Selecting the right warehouse shelving and racking system requires a thorough understanding of your warehouse’s requirements. Consider the following factors when choosing your storage solution:
- Space Consider the available space in your warehouse, including its height, depth and width. This will determine the shelving or racking system you should consider implementing.
- Inventory Take into account the type of products that your warehouse stores when selecting a storage system. Whether smaller or larger components, PRS has an industrial shelving or racking solution to suit your needs.
- Accessibility is an essential factor in selecting your shelving and racking system. Ensure that the storage solution offers easy access to all your products.
We’re your shelving and racking experts!
Choosing the proper storage solutions for your warehouse can significantly affect your business operations’ productivity and efficiency. Our shelving and racking systems offer a cost-effective solution to maximise your warehouse space while ensuring easy accessibility, increased safety and cost optimisation.
Contact us today to discuss your specific requirements, and our team of industry experts will be only too happy to help you!
Pallet Racking Solutions designs, supplies and installs quality pallet racking and warehouse storage solutions, New Zealand wide. Follow our blog for the latest innovations, new tech, safety and compliance, case studies and in-depth explanations of our solutions.